Apple Spice Italian Macarons
This recipe for Apple Spice Italian Macarons is for everyone out there who thinks Fall baking starts on September first!
If you love Macarons go check out more HERE!
Tips and Tricks to making Apple Spice Italian Macarons
When Making these there are a few things that can help make sure they turn out perfect.
- When folding the meringue with the paste really kind of almost whip the mixture to macaronage so that it’s better combined and you get some air in there. You want the perfect consistency not to runny, but lava like and some people say if you can make a figure 8 it’s perfect.
- When you tap the sheets on a table don’t do it too much or the feet won’t rise properly. So just a few times should work.
- In the Frosting if the mixture is to runny after adding the butter rub ice cubes on the bowl for 30 seconds and it should come together. If the frosting has chunks of cold butter run some hot water on your hands and rub the bowl for a few seconds until it comes together.
Apple Spice Italian Macarons Shells
- 140 Grams Almond Flour
- 140 Grams Powdered Sugar
- 100 Grams Egg Whites
- 100 Grams Granulated Sugar
- 40 Grams Water
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
Apple Spice Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- For the Apple Compote
- 1 Apple Diced
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- For the Buttercream
- 43 Grams Egg Whites
- 100 Grams Sugar
- 170 Grams Butter (1 and 1/4 sticks)
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
Apple Spice Italian Macarons Shells Instruction
- Measure out the Almond Flour and Powdered sugar and push through a fine mesh sieve. (you will have a little almond flour that is too big to go through, just throw that out)
- Measure out 50 Grams of Egg Whites and mix it into the almond flour and powder sugar until you get a paste.
- If your want to add color you’ll add it to the paste. Gel Food Coloring is what is going to work and not add liquid which would ruin the macarons. I used red, and black to make that berry color.
- Now grab the last of the Egg whites (50 grams) and pour it into a stand mixer bowl and with the whisk attachment mix until the egg whites start to foam. Then turn it off.
- In a small pot measure out the sugar and water. Don’t mix it. Put it on the stove on high heat until 115° Celsius. Quickly take it off the heat, and turn on the stand mixer to a medium speed and slowly pour in the sugar water. Once it’s all in turn up the speed to high, and let it get to a birds beak stage.
- Now take the Paste and fold in half of the meringue until no white streaks remain. Them fold in the other half until the mixture is falling off the spatula in a lava like way. Scrape into a piping bag.
- Prep two sheet pans with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- Pipe 1 inch circles 1 inch apart. Bang the sheet pans on the table a few times to get the air bubbles out. Let those sit out for 30 minutes until a skin forms.
- Bake at 300 ° for 7 minutes then flip the pan and bake for another 7 minutes. A tip is to put a wooden spoon in the oven door to let steam escape. Take them out and let cool completely until you attempt to take them off.
Apple Spice Swiss Meringue Buttercream Instructions
- In a non stick pan on medium high heat melt the butter and throw in the chopped apple. (make sure there small pieces) Put in the Brown Sugar and cinnamon. I know it seems like a lot of cinnamon, but it will get dispersed in the buttercream.
- Let the mixture bubble in the pan until the mixture becomes sticky and kind of Carmel like. Put it in a container and cool in the fridge completely.
- Now Measure out the egg whites and sugar into a metal bowl, and put over a double boiler and put on medium high heat and whisk occasionally until it reaches 160° Fahrenheit.
- Pour it into a stand mixer with a whisk attachment and whip until stiff peaks.
- Take the whisk attachment off and put on the paddle attachment. Then take the cubed unsalted butter (needs to be room temperature) and put one cube at a time in at a medium high speed. When it gets to a frosting like place mix in vanilla and a pinch of salt.
- Then take the apple mixture and put that all in and whip some more.
- Place the frosting in a piping bag and pipe a good amount onto a shell and place another on top. There you go delicious fall Macarons.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 59mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
- Irish Oatmeal Cake Recipe
- Easiest Healthy Dessert
- Shake Shack Sloppy Joes
- Pistachio Salsa
- Chocolate Chunk Shortbread Cookies
- Chickpea Coconut Chip Cookies (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- Muscle Milk Protein Brownies
- Ultimate Peanut Butter Popcorn Snack Mix
- Gordon Ramsay's Perfect Scrambled Eggs
- Navajo Tacos
- BBQ Chicken Pizza Bubble Bake
- Crispy Shrimp Tacos with Creamy BBQ Sauce and Chili Lime Slaw
- Chocolate Chip Banana Zucchini Bread
- Biscuits and Gravy Bubble Bake
- Shamrock Shake Copycat Recipe
- Homemade Crispy Breakfast Hashbrowns