Homemade Pimento Cheese
A southern, comfort side loaded with all sorts of cheesy goodness. A must try homemade pimento cheese recipe!
What is pimento cheese you ask? I had no idea before I wanted some at home. All I knew is that I’ve always LOOOOOOVVEEDDDDDD pimento cheese. On crackers, on potatoes, on sandwiches, on chicken, etc. I’d list more but you’d probably lose all trust in my taste in food.
It seriously is the easiest thing to make. Dump all the ingredients in a bowl, mix, and boom you have the most amazing appetizer ever. I love pimento on top of a grilled chicken sandwich, toasted in the oven for a few minutes to get the pimento melted. It really elevates the pimento flavor!
The Super Bowl is coming up and what would be better than some homemade pimento cheese to impress your friends? Trust me, it is an appetizer that will be gone in minutes. Just make sure you have enough! I’ve made this pimento cheese a few times now and I can never seem to make enough of it! I usually eat about half in one sitting and the kids finish the rest in no time. They love their pimento cheese as an additional cheese for grilled cheese sandwiches, or just as a snack on crackers.
To answer my original question of what is pimento cheese. It’s basically cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, seasonings and chopped pimento peppers. I don’t know who thought of this combination, but many thanks to whoever did!
Try some of our other comfort food recipes!
- Bobby Flay's Cajun Brined Turkey Recipe
- Dad's Southern Homemade Chili Recipe
- Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Monster Cookies Recipe
- Irish Oatmeal Cake Recipe
- Candy Cane Shortbread
- Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
- Cinnamon French Toast with Banana Fosters
- Old Fashioned Banana Bread
- Simple Grilled Asparagus
- Banana Biscoff Baked Donuts
- Swiss Burger Bombs
- Soft & Fluffy Protein Waffles
- Crispy Shrimp Tacos with Creamy BBQ Sauce and Chili Lime Slaw
- Nutella Cream Cheese Rangoons
- Dad's 3-Ingredient Best Football Chip Dip
- Easy BBQ Chicken Sliders