Blueberry Banana Smoothie Bowls
This blueberry banana smoothie bowls recipe only takes a few simple, whole ingredients, and about 5 total minutes in a blender!
I might be late to the party with smoothie bowls, but our family has just discovered them! We make several variations but these blueberry banana smoothie bowls are at the top of our list.
Ok, discover might be the wrong word. The right word would be more along the lines of experience. Our extended family has talked about smoothie bowls going on a couple of years now, but we had yet to make them in our own home. The only time we had truly tried them was at an acai smoothie bowl truck in the Raleigh area.
They were good, but their large bowls (more like small cups in my opinion) came out to be around $9! We are doing ok financially, but $9 for a large (small) acai bowl?!?! Nope. No matter how well we ever did financially, I don’t think my brain could justify buying so little for so much. However……we did enjoy the bowl experience, so months later, here we are, making them at home. They are SO quick and easy to make, and can be as healthy as you want them to be!
Here is the way we go about doing ours:
- Add all ingredients into the blender
- Blend, blend, blend, move around remain chunks, and then blend some more
- Pour and serve with all of your favorite toppings
That is it! Really, that’s all! It’s super inexpensive to make and we like them even more than the $9 acai bowls! Maybe we’re in the wrong business and we should be selling these suckers. Anywho, these are SOOO good, our kids love them, we love them, and they are filled with super nutritious and whole ingredients.
We are now smoothie bowl addicts (especially our kids) and we are making these at least once a week. They get our kids healthy foods they would otherwise turn away in disgust, they’re delicious, and they’re so easy to make.
You can certainly make these smoothie bowls even healthier by not adding the indulgents of peanut butter, peanut butter granola, chocolate chips, etc., but, where is the fun with that? Especially for the kids. Our favorite toppings are what is mentioned above along with walnuts or pecans. The nuttiness with the sweetness of the fruit is a combination you’ll fall for over and over again.
Blueberry banana smoothie bowls really are a family recipe game changer! Smoothie bowls can be a perfect entree for any meal, or a side to your other favorite breakfasts. Check out out our chewy peanut butter granola recipe below, along with some of our other breakfast favorites:
- Easy 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Granola
- Dutch Baby
- Blender Protein Waffles (gluten free)
- Gordon Ramsay’s Perfect Poached Egg
- Bobby Flay's Cajun Brined Turkey Recipe
- Dad's Southern Homemade Chili Recipe
- Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Monster Cookies Recipe
- Irish Oatmeal Cake Recipe
- White Chocolate Macaroons
- Stuffed Ham Cheese and Broccoli Bread
- Monster Cookie Energy Balls
- Homemade Chocolate Easter Bunny (Hollow)
- Banana Biscoff Baked Donuts
- Strawberry Pie
- Homemade Chocolate Almond Turtles
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Gordon Ramsay's Perfect Scrambled Eggs
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Butterscotch Pecan Pie
- The Best Green Bean Casserole