Keto Gingerbread Cookies
An all-time Christmas favorite modified for keto lovers. Keto Gingerbread Christmas cookies.
What even goes into gingerbread cookies? I honestly didn’t know and had never made them until this past Christmas when I wanted a lower sugar gingerbread cookie and didn’t find any around. I’m not full keto or anything, but do try to avoid added sugars when can! So as I started coming up for a recipe for a low sugar gingerbread cookie I thought I might as well go full keto for this recipe!
The project was actually really fun and one that the kids of course enjoyed being a part of! It was more simple than I thought it was going to be as well. The most difficult thing was deciding on a replacement sweetener that would match the normal consistency of a gingerbread cookie and that unique, great, Christmas taste that you have to have at least once a season! I ended up going with sucralose. I know there is some debate in the artificial sweetener world if sucralose is ok for you or not, but it was cheap, added good flavor, and hasn’t found to have negative health effects over the years of study.
These keto gingerbread cookies came out with the perfect chewy/crispy consistency I enjoy in a gingerbread cookie. While it’s a little bit of a process to make these cookies, it is a fun process! And what’s not a process during the Christmas season??!?!
Hope you enjoy this and check out some of our other Keto recipes!
- Bobby Flay's Cajun Brined Turkey Recipe
- Dad's Southern Homemade Chili Recipe
- Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Monster Cookies Recipe
- Authentic Italian Lasagna Recipe
- Gordon Ramsay Perfect Steak Recipe
- Irish Oatmeal Cake Recipe
- Simple Grilled Asparagus
- Breakfast Pancake Wrapped Sausage Dippers
- Perfect Dinner Rolls
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Extra Crispy Oven Baked French Fries
- French Coconut Pie
- Easter Egg Hunt Dark Chocolate Reese's Ice Cream (No Churn)
- Red Velvet Hostess Cupcakes
- Honey Lime Chicken
- Dad's 3-Ingredient Best Football Chip Dip