I grew up eating these Persiky’s, and it was always a special treat when my Mom when make them. There these delicious fried pockets of meat. I hope you give them a try and love them just as much as we do.
Ingredients for the Perisky Filling
- Ground Beef
- Large Onion
- Green Bell Pepper
- Ground Garlic
- Franks Red Hot Sauce
- Olive Oil
Ingredients for the Perisky Dough
- Warm Water
- Instant Dry Yeast
- Olive Oil
How to Put these Delicious Perisky’s together
- We will start by putting our dough together. In a stand mixer with the dough hook attachment put in warm water, sugar, salt, olive oil, flour, and instant dry yeast (add this last). Knead until the sides of the bowl are clean, and a dough ball has formed about 2-3 minutes.
- Cover the dough bowl with plastic and a towel and let it rise for 1 hour until doubled in size.
- Now to start on the filling. In a pan over medium heat put your olive oil and chopped onion, bell pepper, and garlic in and saute until the onion begins to become translucent.
- Then add in the ground beef, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook until your meat is browned and turn the heat to low. (you can drain off some of the grease if you want)
- In a different pan warm over low heat put in some olive oil. Beat the eggs, milk, and Franks red hot sauce together, and pour into the pan and add salt and pepper. Scramble the eggs slowly and when they get to a custard like stage add them into the meat mixture and stir.
- Pour your risen dough out onto a floured surface. Cut the dough in half and roll out half to about 1 cm thick. Then grab a cup that has a diameter of about 1 and1/2 inches and cut out circles.
- Take a cut out circle and stretch it to fit the palm of your hand and scoop a heaping tablespoon of the meat into it. Then pinch the edges closed. Make sure to pinch them closed really well or when you fry or they will open up. Repeat until mixture is gone.
- Now to fry! Heat some oil to 375-380° and drop your Persiky’s in slowly. Make sure to not over crowd the pan. Once you dropped them in and they float to the top flip them. Then fry each side until golden brown. Take them out and drain them on a baking sheet with paper towels. Repeat to the rest and then you have delicious pockets of meat. Make sure to dip in ketchup it’s delicious!
- If you have leftover dough then you get to make scones! Cut off some dough and stretch it out to a desired size and fry. Top with butter and honey, or whatever you want.
- 2 Cups Warm Water
- 4 tsp. Sugar
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 4 nd 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Instant Dy Yeast
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Milk
- 2 and 1/2 tsp. Ground Garlic
- In a stand mixer with dough hook attachment add in warm water, sugar, salt, olive oil, flour , and then last instant dry yeast
- Knead for about 3 minutes until dough ball has formed
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and a towel and let sit for an hour to rise
- Chop onion and bell pepper finely and add to pan on medium heat with olive oil then add garlic and thyme
- Let onions get translucent then add ground beef, salt, and pepper
- Brown the meat and then turn heat to low
- In a bowl beat eggs, milk, and Franks hot sauce together then pour into a seperate pan on medium high heat with olive oil.
- Scramble eggs till custardy and add to meat mixture and mix and then take off heat
- Pour dough onto floured surface and cut in half and roll out dough into 1 cm thickness use a cup to cut our circles
- Stretch circle to size of the palm of your hand and put a heaping tablespoon in and pinch very well closed, repeat for the rest
- Heat oil to 375-380° and fry the perisky’s until golden brown and then drain of baking sheet lined with paper towels
- If you have remaining dough make scones by cutting off desired size and roll out desired size and fry until golden brown, and top with butter and honey
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 253mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g
- Irish Oatmeal Cake Recipe
- Lemon Syrup Cake Recipe
- Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
- Easiest Healthy Dessert
- Mom's Choc-Oat-Chip Cookies Recipe
- Shake Shack Sloppy Joes
- Pistachio Salsa
- Sheet Pancakes
- Thick and Chewy Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Strawberry Poke Cake
- BBQ Chicken Pizza Bubble Bake
- Oven Baked Brown Sugar Bacon Jerky
- Copycat Starbucks' Chocolate Cinnamon Bread
- 3-Ingredient Crock-Pot Tacos
- Easy Pumpkin Pie
- The Best Green Bean Casserole