Protein Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
Protein Peanut Butter Cups
These protein peanut butter cups will satisfy that sweet tooth (seriously– they taste SO GOOD) and also provide you with a protein-packed boost to fill you up and give you energy.
Ingredients for Protein Peanut Butter Cups
- peanut butter
- ground flaxseed
- vanilla powder
- collagen peptides
- vanilla extract
- coconut oil
- chocolate chips
Questions Answered: Peanut Butter Cups
Is peanut butter high in protein?
In general, peanut butter is a good source of protein, fiber, and healthy fats! A serving of 2 tablespoons of peanut butter usually has about 8 grams of protein. This recipe for protein peanut butter cups packs an extra protein punch with almost 13 grams per serving (3 peanut butter cups) plus 18 grams of fiber!!
Are peanut butter cups bad for you?
Reese’s Peanut Butter cups are a good source of protein, but they also contain a lot of refined sugar. Which makes them okay to consume in moderation! If you’re looking for a nutritionally better option, the recipe in this post is really great. Each serving is a good source of protein, fiber, healthy carbs, and healthy fats. It does contain sugar in the form of honey; but honey has been linked to many health benefits, which makes it preferable to refined sugar.
Instructions and Supplies
How do you make peanut butter cups from scratch?
This recipe is so simple! You’ll just need a regular mixing bowl and wooden spoon to mix up the peanut butter filling. And the chocolate chips are melted in the microwave and spooned over top!
I’ve included links to the mini muffin pan and liners I use to make these peanut butter cups. I also linked to a silicone peanut butter cup mold that would get the job done without having to use any liners.
If you don’t have any of these supplies– no worries! Simply roll the peanut butter filling into a ball and dip a portion of it in the chocolate (like Buckeye candy).
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 2 untitled collagen peptides
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Mix together all of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips.
- Once the filling has been mixed well, scoop 1 tablespoon for each peanut butter cup and press it into a lined mini muffin tin.
- Melt the chocolate chips. Spoon about a teaspoon of melted chocolate on top of each peanut butter cup. Refrigerate to harden the chocolate. Best kept chilled in an airtight container.
Makes 36 peanut butter cups.
- Bobby Flay's Cajun Brined Turkey Recipe
- Dad's Southern Homemade Chili Recipe
- Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Monster Cookies Recipe
- 30 Ideas for Easter Dinner Side Dishes
- Cinnamon French Toast with Banana Fosters
- Homemade Honey-Roasted Creamy Peanut Butter
- Half-Size Birthday Cake
- Double Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies
- Simple Lemon Cake
- Gordon Ramsay's Perfect Scrambled Eggs
- Easy Orange Beef
- Mexican Street Corn (Elote)
- Easy Skillet Garlic Parmesan Knots
- Crockpot Buffalo Honey Ranch Drumsticks
- The Best Green Bean Casserole
- Quick & Easy Blender Bisquick Gravy