Keto Tomato Soup
This Keto Tomato Soup is so satisfying, and perfect for a fall day.
The beginning of this year I started a weight loss journey and so far I have lost 55 lbs. What really helped me lose weight was my eating habits and changing those for sustainability. One of my favorite things to make was soup, because you can load it with veggies, fiber, and it’s filling! I hope if you try this recipe out you enjoy it and get other ideas from it.
What’s in this Keto Tomato soup?
- Fresh Roma Tomatoes or San Marzano Canned Tomatoes
- Yellow Onion
- Large Carrots
- Serrano Pepper (optional)
- Garlic Cloves
- Olive Oil
- Cream or non-fat Greek Yogurt (optional)
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Sugar (if you’re using canned tomatoes)
How do we put Keto Tomato Soup together?
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and prep a bowl of ice water to the side. In the bottom of the tomatoes score an x (this will make peeling the skin easier). Place a batch of tomatoes in the boiling water for 40 seconds and then quickly remove them into the ice bath. Do that with all the tomatoes.
- Peel the skin of the tomatoes and place them in a blender and blend well. Set that aside
- Roughly chop the onion, carrots, garlic, red pepper flakes, and serrano pepper. Now if you don’t like spicy food you can definitely leave out the pepper it gives the soup quite a kick.
- In a pot on medium high heat put in the olive oil, and let it get hot. Then throw in your chopped veggies and saute until the onion is becoming translucent and fragrant.
- Now grab your blended tomatoes and strain it through a mesh sieve to catch the seeds. Once you’ve done that add some salt and pepper to taste, stir it around and let it come to a simmer for 5 minutes. If you used canned tomatoes you may want to add a little sugar or sweetener to make sure there is no tin flavor.
- Now if you have a stick blender then get that bad boy out and blend the soup till smooth. If not (like me) carefully pour the soup into a blender, and blend until smooth. Then transfer back into the pot.
- Now is a good time to taste for seasoning and make sure it tastes good. If you want more creaminess then pour in cream or I used Greek Yogurt. Serve with goat cheese and basil, or whatever your heart desires.
- 1 Large Yellow Onion
- 2 Large Carrots
- 1 Serrano Pepper
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 25 Fresh Tomatoes or 3 28 oz. San Marzano canned Whole Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- Boil a pot of water and have a bowl of ice water ready
- Score the bottoms of all the tomatoes with an x
- Flash boil the tomatoes for 40 seconds then remove into the ice water
- Peel the skin of the tomatoes and blend them well
- Chop the onion, carrots, garlic, and serrano pepper
- In a pot on medium high heat put in your olive oil and saute the veggies until onions become translucent
- Strain the tomato sauce into the pot to catch the seeds
- Then mix in the red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Blend all the soup until smooth add the cream now if desired
- Serve with basil.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 592mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 15gSugar: 25gProtein: 8g
- Irish Oatmeal Cake Recipe
- White Chocolate Macaroons
- White Chocolate Toffee Snickerdoodle Cookies Recipe
- Easiest Healthy Dessert
- Shake Shack Sloppy Joes
- Pistachio Salsa
- How to Microwave a Sweet Potato
- Creamy Mexican Chipotle Chicken
- Instant Pot Blackened Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Thick and Chewy Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies
- Extra Crispy Oven Baked French Fries
- Cookies & Cream Salted Caramel Ice Cream (No Churn)
- Gringo Enchiladas
- Easy Chocolate Banana Smoothie
- Flat French Bread