Easy Shrimp & Grits
Creamy and comforting, these shrimp and grits will make it on to your regular menu!
Even though I am from the South, shrimp and grits is one meal that was not often plated at our family table growing up. However, it has always been one fascinating to me.
Shrimp and grits are two foods that just don’t sound like they mesh. They come from different worlds. One, bottom-dwelling water inhabitors, and the other, coarse meal from corn stalks. However at the same time when I imagine the two I see how the two combine to be a harmonious, comforting delight.
This recipe is extremely simple and will only take you a few minutes to whip up. It highlights the great features of both the shrimp and grits individually. Lillian, my wife, and I both love shrimp and early in our marriage I toyed around with different ways to make it until we found one we absolutely loved. Like the rest of the dish, its very simple. A little BBQ sauce with several drops of an EXTREMELY HOT but tasty sauce make amazing shrimp. I combined that shrimp with an easy and creamy grits recipe and voi-la, you’ll have an irresistible bowl of shrimp and grits. Enjoy!
- Bobby Flay's Cajun Brined Turkey Recipe
- Dad's Southern Homemade Chili Recipe
- Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Monster Cookies Recipe
- Peanut Butter Swiss Meringue Buttercream Frosting
- Irish Oatmeal Cake Recipe
- Simple Grilled Asparagus
- Easy Black Bean Burgers
- Gluten, Dairy, Refined Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Banana Oat Muffins
- Greek Yogurt Boston Cream Cheesecake
- 3-Ingredient Perfect Shortbread
- Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Copycat Recipe
- BBQ Chicken Pizza Bubble Bake
- BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad
- Gringo Enchiladas
- Easy Homemade Sweet & Sour Chicken
- Caribbean Chicken Drumsticks