One Bowl Sweet Corn Spoon Bread
A good ole’ southern comfort food recipe and side fit for any cookout, reunion, or any family outing.
There are those certain recipes that call you home and speak to your soul. Any sweet corn recipe does this for me. We are a born and bred North Carolina family and have been to our share of Southern family, church, and community gatherings and potlucks.
Although this side is one of my all time favorite fixin’s, it does not and has not frequented our table at home much. This dish almost seems wrong to eat other than for gathering purposes! Take note that I said ALMOST. This is a great side for almost any family dinner, but it is dangerous! Make sure you have plenty of people to share it with or make it in a smaller quantity because I nearly ended up eating half the pan by myself in a matter of minutes!
Be the soul everyone will call blessed by bringing this traditional southern side to your table or gathering!
- 1 cup AP flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 Tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- (2) 14.75 oz can cream style corn
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup sour cream (or plain greek yogurt if you want to be healthier)
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Add all of the “flour mixture” ingredients to bowl and sift until uniform
- Add remaining ingredients to flour mixture and mix until well combined
- Pour mixture into a greased, 2 quart baking pan and bake for 40 minutes
- Remove from oven, poke with toothpick to make sure it comes out clean and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 408mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 4g
- The Best Fudgy Gluten Free Dairy Free Brownie Recipe
- Andes Creme de Menthe Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- The Best Hot Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies Recipe
- Protein Chocolate Donuts Recipe
- BBQ Chicken Cheesesteak
- Burrito Bowl Salad
- Homemade Chocolate Easter Bunny (Hollow)
- Muscle Milk Protein Brownies
- Crock Pot Carne Asada Tacos
- Instant Pot Meatloaf & Mashed Potatoes
- Wingers Sticky Fingers Copycat
- Crockpot Chex Mix