Authentic Thai Chicken Satay
Authentic Thai food with the unique peanut sauce only familiar to true Thai food!
DISCLAIMER: I don’t use all authentic Thai ingredients here on this recipe, but tried to use equivalent American ingredients to make it a little more recipe friendly for those Americanos out there. However, don’t worry, it comes out tasting as similar as I think it could possibly be!
I found a substitute recipe for Thai curry powder (link here and in the recipe) that worked great, and a video that helped me get the chicken on the skewer the correct and proper way (link here and in the recipe). If you’re wondering why our chicken looks different compared to the video, it’s because we strayed from the directions and thought we were cool. It looks kind of cool how we folded it on top of each other (almost like soft serve), buttttt, it definitely doesn’t cook as even and takes longer to cook all the way through. So if I were you I’d follow how the video shows.
I have had several Thai chicken satays in my lifetime, most claiming to be authentic and they tasted very similar to this one. THE BEST one I ever had though was at my and my wife’s wedding reception. I will hunt down/recplicate that recipe and get it to you one day on here. You can take that to the bank!
- Bobby Flay's Cajun Brined Turkey Recipe
- Dad's Southern Homemade Chili Recipe
- Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Monster Cookies Recipe
- Irish Oatmeal Cake Recipe
- Oven Baked Sweet Potato
- BBQ Chicken Cheesesteak
- Fluffy English Muffins
- Homemade Chocolate Easter Bunny (Hollow)
- Banana Biscoff Baked Donuts
- Lemon Poppyseed Donuts
- Thick and Chewy Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Paula Deen's Best Bacon
- 3-Ingredient No-Churn Hot Chocolate Ice Cream
- The Best Butternut Squash Soup
- Homemade Crispy Breakfast Hashbrowns