Carne Asada Mac & Cheese
This Carne Asada Mac & Cheese is the perfect mouth-watering blend of main dish and side all in one package.
FIND MORE FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES BY FOLLOWING US ON FACEBOOK!
Ingredients Needed for Carne Asada Mac & Cheese
- Carne picada beef
- Soy sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Peach preserves
- Brown sugar
- Garlic powder
- Minced garlic
- Olive oil
- Italian seasoning
Mac & Cheese (Find recipe here)
- Unsalted butter
- AP Flour
- Whole milk
- Ground mustard powder
- Garlic powder
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Sharp aged cheddar cheese
- Pecorino Romano cheese
- Sturdy macaroni noodles
Supplies & Equipment for This Recipe
- Measuring cups (including tablespoons and teaspoons)
- Gallon-sized plastic bag
- Large frying pan
Watch this how-to video to see how it’s done!
- 1 lb carne picada beef
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
Mac & Cheese
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups packed sharp aged cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Pecorino Romano cheese
- 8 oz (2 cups) sturdy macaroni noodles
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the carne picada beef in a gallon-sized bag.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk together well.
- Pour the sauce over the meat in the bag.
- Close the bag and massage it to combine the meat and sauce evenly.
- Place the meat mixture in the refrigerator and let it sit and marinate for a least four hours.
- Prepare the mac & cheese right before you take the meat out.
- After four hours, remove meat from the fridge and brown over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Pour on top of prepared mac and cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
Mac & Cheese
- Cook the macaroni noodles in a large pot of salted water and drain them one minute before “al dente” cooking time (check package for times).
- Heat the milk in the microwave or on the stove top until very hot but not boiling.
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture turns a light brown color (about 3-4 mins). Remove from heat. Slowly start pouring in the milk, stirring constantly. The mixture will look very thick at first and then will thin out as you whisk in the remainder of the milk. Return the pot to the heat and cook the mixture, stirring continuously, for another 3-5 minutes or until thickened. The sauce should coat the back of the spoon. Stir in the salt, garlic powder, and ground mustard.
- Return the remaining sauce to the stove. Over low heat, add the cheeses, stirring to melt. If you’re unable to melt in all the cheese, add a bit more milk, one tablespoon at a time, until the cheese is melted completely. Stir the sauce into the pasta until your desired level of creaminess is reached. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 739Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 1789mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 3gSugar: 11gProtein: 31g
- Irish Oatmeal Cake Recipe
- White Chocolate Macaroons
- Easiest Healthy Dessert
- Shake Shack Sloppy Joes
- Broccoli Salad Recipe
- Old Fashioned Banana Bread
- Homemade Pasta (With or Without a Pasta Maker)
- Instant Pot Greek Yogurt Recipe
- Grilled Brie & Jam
- Instant Pot Spaghetti (Starting with Frozen Meat!)
- Butter Dip Biscuits
- Easter Egg Popcorn Bars
- Oven Fried Chicken Wings
- Copycat Starbucks' Chocolate Cinnamon Bread
- Butterscotch Pecan Pie
- Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese