Burrito Bowl Salad
Our family LOVES Burrito Bowls, so I turned it into a salad. Now I can eat my favorite dinner and eat my veggies too!
Be sure to check out more of our healthy recipes!
What’s in this Burrito Bowl Salad?
- Romaine Lettuce
- 1/2 cup Rice, cooked
- 2 oz. Blackened Chicken, shredded
- 1/4 cup Corn & Black Beans
- 1/4 Avocado
- Tortilla Strips (I used a chipotle lime flavor made by Texas Toast– so yummy!)
- Ranch Dressing
How to Make this Recipe
- I like to make this salad using leftovers from Burrito Bowls, so that there’s really no extra prep work that I need to do. But if I don’t have any leftovers, I usually scale down the sauce recipe (from the previously linked Burrito Bowls recipe) and use a handful of shredded chicken (we always seem to have some in the freezer or a rotisserie chicken from a recent grocery store trip).
- Cook the rice (I just use Instant Rice if we don’t have leftovers).
- Chop the lettuce, and add it to the bowl. I usually scoot it over to the side, so that I’m not placing hot rice and chicken directly on top of it.
- Add the rice, chicken, black beans, corn, avocado, and tortilla strips.
- Drizzle ranch dressing on top, and then toss the salad to mix ingredients.
- Eat immediately. Individual components can be made ahead of time and stored separately, but I wouldn’t assemble the salad until you’re ready to eat it or serve it.
- Butterscotch Texas Pecan Pie Recipe
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Easy Cranberry Sauce | Best Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- French Bread Recipe + the Difference From Italian Bread
- Shake Shack Sloppy Joes
- Cinnamon French Toast with Banana Fosters
- Old Fashioned Banana Bread
- Sheet Pancakes
- Creamy Mexican Chipotle Chicken
- Muscle Milk Protein Brownies
- Banana Biscoff Baked Donuts
- Crockpot Buffalo Honey Ranch Drumsticks