Homemade Pasta (With or Without a Pasta Maker)
Everybody knows that NOTHING is better than homemade pasta!! And you won’t believe how quick and easy it is to make your own pasta at home– even if you don’t have a pasta maker.
Check out all of our PASTA RECIPES.
What’s in this Homemade Pasta?
How to Make this Recipe
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 6 whole eggs
- Dump the flour directly onto your work surface, and create a large (bigger than what’s pictured here!) well in the center of it.
- Crack the eggs into the center of the flour.
- Use a fork to break the yolks and gently whisk in some of the flour with the eggs (just enough to keep the eggs from spilling all over the place in the next step).
- Ditch the fork and use your hands to knead the mixture into a smooth dough. Keep additional flour on hand to work into the dough if it’s too sticky. Cover the dough and let it rest for 20-30 minutes (I skip this step sometimes if I’m in a hurry, but it does make the dough easier to roll out).
- Divide the dough into four sections. Working with one section at a time, while the others are covered: keep your work surface and the dough well floured, and roll out the dough to be very thin.
- Spread flour over the dough one more time (SUPER important, don’t skip!) and then roll it up (like you would cinnamon roll dough).
- Use a knife (or string, just like you would with cinnamon rolls) to slice thin spirals of the dough. Unravel each spiral (my kids love helping with this part) and hang them on a pasta rack if you have one. If not, loosely toss them with more flour and spread them out on your workspace (just in a loose pile, they don’t need to be laid out perfectly straight or anything).
- They can sit out and dry or you can cook them right away. They cooking lightening fast in boiling water, so you’ll be ready to eat in no time!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 449Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 279mgSodium: 108mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 19g
- 30 Ideas for Easter Dinner Side Dishes
- Irish Oatmeal Cake Recipe
- White Chocolate Macaroons
- Easiest Healthy Dessert
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie Bowls
- Shake Shack Sloppy Joes
- Stuffed Ham Cheese and Broccoli Bread
- Crispy Fluffy Pancakes
- Instant Pot Blackened Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Double Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies
- Navajo Tacos
- Easy Skillet Garlic Parmesan Knots
- Paula Deen's Best Bacon
- Easy Homemade Sweet & Sour Chicken
- 3-Ingredient No-Churn Hot Chocolate Ice Cream
- Copycat Starbucks' Chocolate Cinnamon Bread