Easy Black Bean Burgers
An easy, healthy alternative to that beef burger we all love.
I know a good chunk of you that look at this recipe will be vegan or vegetarian. I am not close to either of those things, but I do love a good black bean burger! Black beans are filled with protein comparable to beef, but not as fat heavy. This recipe can be put together in a few minutes and is perfect for someone like my family that doesn’t really meal prep or plan ahead, but just looks to see what we have and come up with something.
Again, if you’re like me and aren’t a planner when it comes to meals, you may find yourself wanting these without having buns on hand. That’s ok! Try our “Crazy Quick Buns” recipe (click here)! Hope these black bean burgers make it routinely into your dinner plans! A definite healthier option to the beef burger and also cheaper! Enjoy!
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 cans black beans (14.5 oz a can)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sriracha
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, melt the 1 Tbsp of butter
- Sauté the chopped onion and minced garlic in the butter until onions are translucent and remove from heat
- Drain the black bean cans into a colander and then place the black beans into a mixing bowl
- Using a fork (or potato masher) mash the black beans until only a few whole black beans are left
- Add the sautéed onion and minced garlic (put pan back over medium heat), bread crumbs, egg, chili powder, and garlic salt to the mashed beans and stir until uniform and combined
- Form desired size burger patties melt the 4 Tbsp of butter into the sauce pan previously used
- Cook the patties 4-5 minutes each side in the buttered sauce pan
- Place on bun (click for my quick bun recipe here) with desired toppings and DON’T FORGET to top with the sriracha mayo! It is too good to forget!
- Combine all ingredients!
- Spread on top bun
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 435mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g
- Homemade Nutter Butters Recipe
- The Best Green Bean Casserole
- Muddy Buddy Crumbl Cookies Copycat Recipe (Dairy Free)
- Easy All Butter No Chill Pie Crust Recipe
- Better Than Starbucks Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Sweet Hawaiian Breakfast Omelette
- One Bowl Sweet Corn Spoon Bread
- Dutch Oven Boston Butt BBQ
- Brown Sugar Bacon & Cream Cheese Date Appetizer
- Ultimate Peanut Butter Popcorn Snack Mix
- Crispy Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Crockpot Chex Mix