Memphis Mac & Cheese
This recipe for Memphis Mac & Cheese is a great weeknight dinner! You only need a few simple ingredients to pull off this cheesy BBQ mashup in less than an hour.
The first time I had Memphis Mac & Cheese was at the Buffalo Brothers restaurant here in Raleigh, and I fell in love with it right away! I’ve scoped out variations of the recipe online quite a bit, and there are a lot of great looking totally-from-scratch and super authentic-looking ones out there.
But this “shortcut” recipe taste the most like the mac & cheese I had at the restaurant of any recipe I’ve tried, and that’s exactly what I was going for. The Buffalo Brothers version has a layer of BBQ pulled pork sandwiched in between two layers of macaroni and cheese, but I’ve simplified this by simply topping the mac with the pulled pork. There’s no difference in taste, and it saves on time and mess.
I hope you love it as much as I do (and enjoy the simplicity of this easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love)!
Check out all of our Dinner Recipes here.
Main Ingredients Needed for Memphis Mac & Cheese
- Elbow pasta
- Ragu Double Cheddar sauce
- Jack Daniels BBQ Pork
- shredded cheddar cheese
- heavy cream
How to Make this Recipe
Ta-da! Easy-peasy. And SO good. Your family will think you’ve slaved all day over this yummy homemade macaroni and cheese with a Southern twist.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni pasta
- 16 oz Ragu Double Cheddar Sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (off the block is best), divided
- 16 ounces Jack Daniel’s Pulled Pork with Jack Daniel’s BBQ Sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook and drain the elbow pasta according to the directions on the package.
- In the same pot, stir together the cooked pasta, cheese sauce, cream, and 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the macaroni to a greased 9×9 baking dish. Spread the remaining 1/4 cup of shredded cheese on top.
- Bake the macaroni at 350ºF for 20 minutes, or until the cheese on top is melted.
- Heat the Jack Daniels Pulled Pork BBQ according to the directions on the package (I just toss it in the microwave).
- Top the baked macaroni and cheese with the BBQ pork and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 577Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 88mgSodium: 1740mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 6gSugar: 26gProtein: 29g
- Bobby Flay's Cajun Brined Turkey Recipe
- Dad's Southern Homemade Chili Recipe
- Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Monster Cookies Recipe
- 30 Ideas for Easter Dinner Side Dishes
- Easy 3-Ingredient Chewy Granola
- Mini Puff Pastry Apple Pies
- Cinnamon French Toast with Banana Fosters
- Authentic Thai Chicken Satay
- Burrito Bowl Salad
- Dark Chocolate Cherry Smoothie Bowl
- Lemon Poppyseed Donuts
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Spinach Artichoke Bowtie Pasta
- 3-Ingredient No-Churn Hot Chocolate Ice Cream
- Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese
- Crockpot Chex Mix