Memphis Mac & Cheese
This recipe for Memphis Mac & Cheese is a great weeknight dinner! You only need a few simple ingredients to pull off this cheesy BBQ mashup in less than an hour.
The first time I had Memphis Mac & Cheese was at the Buffalo Brothers restaurant here in Raleigh, and I fell in love with it right away! I’ve scoped out variations of the recipe online quite a bit, and there are a lot of great looking totally-from-scratch and super authentic-looking ones out there.
But this “shortcut” recipe taste the most like the mac & cheese I had at the restaurant of any recipe I’ve tried, and that’s exactly what I was going for. The Buffalo Brothers version has a layer of BBQ pulled pork sandwiched in between two layers of macaroni and cheese, but I’ve simplified this by simply topping the mac with the pulled pork. There’s no difference in taste, and it saves on time and mess.
Table of Contents
I hope you love it as much as I do (and enjoy the simplicity of this easy weeknight dinner the whole family will love)!
Check out all of our Dinner Recipes here.
Main Ingredients Needed for Memphis Mac & Cheese
- Elbow pasta
- Ragu Double Cheddar sauce
- Jack Daniels BBQ Pork
- shredded cheddar cheese
- heavy cream
How to Make this Recipe
Ta-da! Easy-peasy. And SO good. Your family will think you’ve slaved all day over this yummy homemade macaroni and cheese with a Southern twist.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni pasta
- 16 oz Ragu Double Cheddar Sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (off the block is best), divided
- 16 ounces Jack Daniel’s Pulled Pork with Jack Daniel’s BBQ Sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook and drain the elbow pasta according to the directions on the package.
- In the same pot, stir together the cooked pasta, cheese sauce, cream, and 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the macaroni to a greased 9×9 baking dish. Spread the remaining 1/4 cup of shredded cheese on top.
- Bake the macaroni at 350ºF for 20 minutes, or until the cheese on top is melted.
- Heat the Jack Daniels Pulled Pork BBQ according to the directions on the package (I just toss it in the microwave).
- Top the baked macaroni and cheese with the BBQ pork and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 577Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 88mgSodium: 1740mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 6gSugar: 26gProtein: 29g
- 30 Red Velvet Recipes
- The Best Fudgy Gluten Free Dairy Free Brownie Recipe
- Andes Creme de Menthe Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 13 Autumn Soup Recipes
- Brie Grilled Cheese with Bacon & Strawberry Jam
- Instant Pot Dyed Easter Eggs
- Carne Asada Mac & Cheese
- Chewy Maple Bacon Oatmeal Squares
- Caramel M&M Pretzel Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Banana Zucchini Bread
- Butter Dip Biscuits
- 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies