35 Side Dishes for Easter
35 Side Dishes for Easter
Easter is just around the corner, which means it’s time to start planning your holiday feast. While ham or lamb may be the centerpiece of your meal, everyone knows it’s the side dishes that really bring everything together.
Whether you’re hosting a big family gathering or having a more intimate celebration, we’ve got you covered with 35 delicious and easy-to-make side dish recipes for Easter. From classic mashed potatoes and green bean casserole to fresh spring salads and roasted vegetables, there’s something for everyone on this list.
What is Included in a Traditional Easter Dinner?
A “traditional” Easter dinner menu varies, of course, from household to household. But in our family, the side dishes and desserts typically outshine the main dish (typically ham– which is always good, but pales in comparison to the rest of the spread IMO).
Table of Contents
These side dishes are a MUST at our family Easter gatherings (they are also included in the collection of recipes further down in this post):
- Homemade Rolls (sometimes Aunt Carol’s Crescent Rolls)
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Green Bean Casserole
- Strawberry Pretzel Jell-O Salad
- Broccoli Salad
- Deviled Eggs (Keaton can’t stand them, but the rest of us love them!)
Seriously. Don’t miss out on our family famous Green Bean Casserole! It’s one of the most popular recipes on our blog, and for good reason. Skip the can, and see how EASY it is to make unbelievable green bean casserole totally from scratch.
What are the Most Popular Side Dishes?
1. Deviled Eggs: Deviled eggs are a staple at many Easter gatherings. Not only are they easy to make, but they’re also a crowd-pleaser. Simply boil some eggs, remove their yolks and mix in mayo, mustard and other seasonings of your choice before spooning the mixture back into each egg half.
2. Roasted Vegetables: Roasting vegetables brings out their natural sweetness and makes them crispy on the outside while tender on the inside. Popular vegetable choices include carrots, asparagus, Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes.
3. Scalloped Potatoes: Scalloped potatoes are creamy and cheesy with layers of thinly sliced potatoes baked in a rich sauce made with milk or cream, butter and cheese.
4. Glazed Ham: Ham is one of the most popular meats served at Easter dinner because it’s easy to prepare and can feed a large group of people with minimal effort. A classic glaze made from brown sugar, honey or maple syrup adds an extra layer of sweetness to this savory dish.
5. Spring Salad: A spring salad is perfect for celebrating this holiday as it includes fresh greens like spinach or arugula mixed with seasonal veggies like peas or radishes topped off by tangy dressings like lemon vinaigrette or balsamic vinegar dressing.
Easter is a time for celebration, family gatherings, and delicious food! If you’re looking for side dish ideas to accompany your Easter feast, we’ve got you covered. Here are 35 incredible side dishes that are perfect for Easter.
Easter Table Setting Ideas
Peeps Table Runner
Easter Bunny Napkin Rings
Easter Bunny Cookie Tray
Fleur-de-Lis Cheese Tray
Speckled Egg Serving Dish
Easter Bunny Chips & Dip Set
- 30 Red Velvet Recipes
- The Best Fudgy Gluten Free Dairy Free Brownie Recipe
- Restaurant Style Mexican White Sauce Recipe
- Andes Creme de Menthe Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- Protein Muddy Buddies Recipe
- Lemon Syrup Cake Recipe
- Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
- Copycat Shake Shack Sauce
- Burrito Bowl Salad
- BBQ Chicken Pizza Bubble Bake
- Crispy Shrimp Tacos with Creamy BBQ Sauce and Chili Lime Slaw
- Quick & Easy Blender Bisquick Gravy