This crockpot mac & cheese is a super quick and easy dinner recipe our mom used to make us a lot. All the comfort food, none of the work!
I really into slow cooker meals lately. Have you guys seen this Hamilton Beach Set N’ Forget
slow cooker?? It looks amazing, and I’m dying to have it. I love my Ninja slow cooker for it’s meat browning capabilities and super speedy chicken cooking talent. But I think I’m at a point that I would rather be able to throw something in the pot in the morning, set the time for the afternoon, and have dinner ready at 5:00pm. So methinks we’ll be graduating slow cookers soon!
This slow cooker mac has been a family favorite for a lot of years. And it’s SUPER easy. Just throw everything into the crock pot (don’t even cook the noodles first!), and voila! Easy, cheesy perfectly delicious macaroni and cheese that the whole family will love.
On a side note, Cookies and Cups
also has a fab recipe for crockpot mac that I tried a few weeks ago. On point!
Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I prefer whole milk)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I prefer the block kind that you shred yourself, it melts better)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Beat together the eggs and the milk.
- Pour the egg-milk mixture into the slow cooker. Mix in the uncooked pasta, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.