Butternut Squash Pie
I hated pumpkin pie as a kid, but as I grew up and my pallet developed into a semi-developed pallet, I began to appreciate pumpkin pie’s moist texture and subtle spices.
My wife and I married four years ago and the first holidays I spent with her family I spent enjoying her Dad’s assortment of pies he makes. There was one pie in particular I enjoyed and I thought it to be a pumpkin pie with some extra delicious flavor.
I soon came to find out that this was not a pumpkin pie, but a squash pie. Ever since it has been my favorite holiday pie. It is very similar to pumpkin pie with some extra sweetness. Hope you enjoy this pie this holiday season and any other time you would like!
Butternut Squash Pie
Ingredients: 8-Inch Pie Filling
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup cooked squash
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cup evaporated milk
Ingredients: Pie Crust
- 1 pre-made, unbaked pie crust or make this homemade one
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel squash skin, and cut up into medium size pieces.
- Either boil squash in pot for around 30 minutes or until soft, or use a pressure cooker for 7 minutes.
- Place egg in mixing bowl and beat egg slightly.
- Add all other ingredients to egg in mixing bowl and stir until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Place mixture into 8-inch pie crust and bake for 35 minutes.
- Bobby Flay's Cajun Brined Turkey Recipe
- Dad's Southern Homemade Chili Recipe
- Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Monster Cookies Recipe
- Instant Pot Dyed Easter Eggs
- Irish Oatmeal Cake Recipe
- Better Than Starbucks Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes (One Bowl)
- Carne Asada Mac & Cheese
- 25 Chinese Food Fake-Out Recipes
- Black Widow Spider Cupcakes for Halloween
- Crispy Shrimp Tacos with Creamy BBQ Sauce and Chili Lime Slaw
- BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad
- Strawberry Avocado Salad with Chicken
- Easter Egg Popcorn Bars
- The Best Green Bean Casserole
- "Blood" Soup and Mummy Dogs