Creamy Mexican Chipotle Chicken
Authentic Mexican chicken recipe with smoky chipotle adobe and creamy flavor.
My all-time favorite dish on my mission came from a Sister whose family took us as missionaries in as their own family. Her name is Angelica and me and my companion consider her our “missionary Mom”. We really did love anything she prepared for us, but this chipotle chicken just hit the spot every single time and quickly became our favorite mission meal.
With the help of my companion in obtaining Angelica’s original recipe, I was able to recreate that meal and the memories have flooded in.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 7.5 oz cacique crema Mexicana
- 3-4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (the more the spicier)
- 2 lbs fresh chicken breast cubed
- 2 cups dry rice (cooked your favorite way)
- Set rice to cook however you like (my favorite way is via instant pot (click here))
- Slice tomatoes in half and put cut side down on baking sheet
- Place on top rack of oven and broil for 5-10 minutes until tomatoes blacken and blister
- Heat pan on stovetop over medium heat
- Lightly oil pan and place cubed chicken breast onto pan to begin to cook
- Remove tomatoes and place into blender along with the crema and chipotle peppers. Blend until uniform
- JUST before chicken has finished cooking, pour tomato mixture into pan w/ chicken and let simmer until chicken has at least finished cooking through (I like to let it simmer for longer to enhance flavoring)
- Serve over your favorite rice and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 424Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 159mgSodium: 320mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 50g
- Bobby Flay's Cajun Brined Turkey Recipe
- Dad's Southern Homemade Chili Recipe
- Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Monster Cookies Recipe
- Peanut Butter Swiss Meringue Buttercream Frosting
- Irish Oatmeal Cake Recipe
- Protein Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
- Old Fashioned Banana Bread
- Easy Black Bean Burgers
- Chocolate Bunny Cupcakes
- Carne Asada Mac & Cheese
- Easy Weeknight Baked Ziti
- Chocolate Chip Banana Zucchini Bread
- Easy Skillet Garlic Parmesan Knots
- Gringo Enchiladas
- Easter Egg Popcorn Bars
- Oven Fried Chicken Wings