Simple Lemon Cake
This lemon cake is incredibly simple, but don’t let that fool you! It’s supremely moist and bursting with springtime lemon flavor. This is the perfect cake for a spring or summer potluck!
You’ll never need another lemon cake recipe again.
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
- Pour the glaze over the cake immediately once it comes out of the oven! This way it soaks into every little crevice, making it extra moist and extra delicious. As the cake cools, the glaze will form a really yummy crackly layer on top (my favorite part!).
- Just use a normal fork to poke the holes in the cake. This isn’t a poke cake that needs giant holes for a thick mixture to fill. We’re just pouring a very thin liquid onto the cake, so small holes are better for saturating every bit of the cake while keeping the surface intact.
- Don’t sub sugar-free Jell-O. For all intents and purposes in this recipe, sugar free will not work the same way as regular Jell-O.
- You can eat this cake warm, room temp, or chilled. I’ve tried it all three ways and can’t pick a favorite– they’re all different and delicious!
- Bobby Flay's Cajun Brined Turkey Recipe
- Dad's Southern Homemade Chili Recipe
- Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Monster Cookies Recipe
- 30 Ideas for Easter Dinner Side Dishes
- Oven Baked Sweet Potato
- Pistachio Italian Macarons
- Crispy Chicken Thighs
- Double Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies
- 2-Ingredient WW Bagels
- Navajo Tacos
- Snickers Dip
- Black Widow Spider Cupcakes for Halloween
- Cookies & Cream Salted Caramel Ice Cream (No Churn)
- BBQ Chicken Stuffed Crust Pizza
- Texas Slow Cooker Chili (Freezer Meal)