Simple Lemon Cake
This lemon cake is incredibly simple, but don’t let that fool you! It’s supremely moist and bursting with springtime lemon flavor. This is the perfect cake for a spring or summer potluck!
You’ll never need another lemon cake recipe again.
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
- Pour the glaze over the cake immediately once it comes out of the oven! This way it soaks into every little crevice, making it extra moist and extra delicious. As the cake cools, the glaze will form a really yummy crackly layer on top (my favorite part!).
- Just use a normal fork to poke the holes in the cake. This isn’t a poke cake that needs giant holes for a thick mixture to fill. We’re just pouring a very thin liquid onto the cake, so small holes are better for saturating every bit of the cake while keeping the surface intact.
- Don’t sub sugar-free Jell-O. For all intents and purposes in this recipe, sugar free will not work the same way as regular Jell-O.
- You can eat this cake warm, room temp, or chilled. I’ve tried it all three ways and can’t pick a favorite– they’re all different and delicious!
- Homemade Nutter Butters Recipe
- Muddy Buddy Crumbl Cookies Copycat Recipe (Dairy Free)
- Easy All Butter No Chill Pie Crust Recipe
- Sesame Garlic Ramen Noodles Recipe
- Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- Halloween Candy Apples
- Salted Caramel Buttercream
- Chocolate Chip Banana Zucchini Bread
- Extra Crispy Oven Baked French Fries
- BBQ Chicken Stuffed Crust Pizza
- Butterscotch Pecan Pie
- Peanut Butter Brownie Mug