Simple Lemon Cake
This lemon cake is incredibly simple, but don’t let that fool you! It’s supremely moist and bursting with springtime lemon flavor. This is the perfect cake for a spring or summer potluck!
You’ll never need another lemon cake recipe again.
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
- Pour the glaze over the cake immediately once it comes out of the oven! This way it soaks into every little crevice, making it extra moist and extra delicious. As the cake cools, the glaze will form a really yummy crackly layer on top (my favorite part!).
- Just use a normal fork to poke the holes in the cake. This isn’t a poke cake that needs giant holes for a thick mixture to fill. We’re just pouring a very thin liquid onto the cake, so small holes are better for saturating every bit of the cake while keeping the surface intact.
- Don’t sub sugar-free Jell-O. For all intents and purposes in this recipe, sugar free will not work the same way as regular Jell-O.
- You can eat this cake warm, room temp, or chilled. I’ve tried it all three ways and can’t pick a favorite– they’re all different and delicious!
- 30 Ideas for Easter Dinner Side Dishes
- Irish Oatmeal Cake Recipe
- Easiest Healthy Dessert
- Shake Shack Sloppy Joes
- Gone With The Wind
- Pistachio Italian Macarons
- Stuffed Ham Cheese and Broccoli Bread
- Instant Pot Greek Yogurt Recipe
- Homemade Chocolate Easter Bunny (Hollow)
- BBQ Chicken Stuffed Crust Pizza
- Crispy Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Biscuits and Gravy Bubble Bake
- Shamrock Shake Copycat Recipe
- Honey Buttermilk Cornbread
- 3-Ingredient Crock-Pot Tacos
- Butterscotch Pecan Pie