Sweet Corn Mexican Ice Cream (No Churn)
During my two year LDS mission in Santa Rosa, CA, I had some amazing food. I worked with the Spanish speaking people and was therefore introduced to many Hispanic influenced foods that I had yet to try growing up in NC. And for the most part, they were AMAZING. Seriously, I grew up around good food, but I loved almost everything that was thrown my way on my mission.
One of those memorable food experiences was when I was taken to a local Mexican ice cream shop. I came in and scowered the vast selection and realized oddly enough that almost every ice cream came from a fruit or vegetable and it wasn’t vanilla ice cream with a few blackberries thrown in. It was legitimate, hardcore, for real fruit and vegetable based ice cream.
I chose two flavors, avocado and sweet corn, and they were equally divine. No joke. So when our friend Jenni with thrivelife.com offered us freeze dried fruit and vegetable options I was so excited to make some sweet corn ice cream out of freeze dried sweet corn!
First of all, the corn was amazing in and of itself. I couldn’t stop eating it as I was making the ice cream. Seriously! What a healthy and convenient snack. Then when it came to making the ice cream, I made a few adjustments to my typical no churn ice creams and it resulted in that same great taste I encountered in Santa Rosa, CA years ago! The recipe is incredibly simple and an unique food experience to attempt if you are yet to do so. Enjoy!
- Bobby Flay's Cajun Brined Turkey Recipe
- Dad's Southern Homemade Chili Recipe
- Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Monster Cookies Recipe
- Irish Oatmeal Cake Recipe
- Protein Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie Bowls
- Homemade Pasta (With or Without a Pasta Maker)
- Simple Grilled Asparagus
- Fluffy English Muffins
- Crispy Fluffy Pancakes
- Nutella Banana Muffins
- Mexican Street Corn (Elote)
- Shamrock Shake Copycat Recipe
- Texas Slow Cooker Chili (Freezer Meal)
- Dad's 3-Ingredient Best Football Chip Dip
- Cream Cheese Bean Dip