Healthy Korean Beef with Brown Rice
This Healthy Korean Beef with Brown Rice is a lighter version of a classic Asian dish that sacrifices none of the flavor! And the best part is that it’s crazy quick and easy to throw together at the minute for a weeknight meal. Doubles easily for leftovers or for freezing.
Jump to Recipe
Main Ingredients Needed for Healthy Korean Beef and Brown Rice
- ground turkey
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- brown sugar
- brown rice
Recipe Tips and Notes
- There are so many different ways to make this recipe. Try using white rice or quinoa in place of the brown rice. Or consider using ground beef or even steak strips instead of the ground turkey. And you could totally add broccoli (or other veggies) to the simmering beef before serving. So many options!
- The green onions on top are optional, of course. But I feel like they add such a great depth of flavor.
- This easy dinner is delicious no matter how you’re eating. But if you’re trying to eat healthy, it’s an especially great recipe to have in your back pocket. If you happen to be doing WW, it’s SUPER low points on Purple when you use turkey and brown rice!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- dash of crushed red pepper
- brown rice, cooked
- green onions and sesame seeds to garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and brown turkey and garlic together in the sesame oil.
- Whisk together the brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, salt and pepper and red peppers.
- Drain any fat from the meat and add the brown sugar mixture. Simmer for a few minutes (add any veggies at this point).
- Serve over steamed rice and top with green onions and sesame seeds.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 848mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 27g
- Easy All Butter No Chill Pie Crust Recipe
- Quaker Oats Apple Crisp Recipe with Old Fashioned Oats
- Easy Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Yogurt Recipe
- Muscle Milk Protein Brownies
- Kielbasa Tortellini Alfredo
- 3-Ingredient Perfect Shortbread
- Broccoli & Beef Ramen
- Black Widow Spider Cupcakes for Halloween
- Easy Shrimp & Grits
- BBQ Ranch Bacon Extreme Pizza
- Apple Cider Cajun Turkey Brine