Easy Orange Beef
Homemade Orange Beef is so easy to make in only 30 minutes!
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 1.5 lbs flank steak, sliced finely against the grain
- 1 cup vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- green onions, chopped
- Place the sliced steak and soy sauce in a gallon-sized zip top bag and seal. Shake it to coat the steak thoroughly in the soy sauce.
- Open the bag and add the cornstarch. Seal and shake again to coat the steak in the cornstarch.
- Heat the oil on medium heat (do NOT go any higher) in a 10-inch skillet. The oil is ready when drips of water make it bubble.
- Place the strips of steak in the hot oil and allow to cook for about a minute on each side. Remove the steak strips to a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb the excess oil. This may need to be done in batches.
- Drain the oil from the pan, and add to it the ginger and garlic. Cook in the remnants of the oil for about a minute, stirring constantly. Add the remaining ingredients: sugar, vinegar, and orange juice.
- Heat sauce to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and add the steak. Toss well to coat. Serve warm over rice and top with green onions.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 919Total Fat: 69gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 54gCholesterol: 134mgSodium: 537mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 0gSugar: 18gProtein: 48g
- Bobby Flay's Cajun Brined Turkey Recipe
- Dad's Southern Homemade Chili Recipe
- Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Monster Cookies Recipe
- 30 Ideas for Easter Dinner Side Dishes
- White Chocolate Macaroons
- How to Microwave a Sweet Potato
- Chickpea Coconut Chip Cookies (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- Thick and Chewy Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Chickpea Cookies
- Strawberry Poke Cake
- Easy Chocolate Ganache
- Chocolate Chip Banana Zucchini Bread
- Biscuits and Gravy Bubble Bake
- Homemade Tagalongs
- Apple Cider Cajun Turkey Brine
- 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies