Mom’s Choc-Oat-Chip Cookies Recipe
Mom’s Choc-Oat-Chip Cookies
“These Choc-Oat-Chip Cookies Recipe is our family’s favorite cookies. Sometimes we’ll add M&Ms” -Mom, Keaton Family Cookbook
- Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Banana Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chunk Shortbread Cookies
Ingredients for Choc-Oat-Chip Cookies
- butter, softened
- packed brown sugar
- baking soda
- old fashioned oats
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
Question & Answer
Why are my oatmeal chocolate chip cookies flat?
A few common culprits of flat cookies are:
- the butter was too soft or melted in the dough
- there isn’t enough flour
- the cookie sheet was hot before baking (make sure to let it cool completely between batches)
- using chopped chocolate pieces instead of chocolate chips
- baking cookies on a silicone baking mat instead of ungreased cookie sheet
Why didn’t my oatmeal chocolate chip cookies flatten at all?
- there is too much flour in the dough
- you used frozen cookie dough
What will keep my cookies from burning on the bottom?
- The number one thing is to know exactly how long cookies need to bake in your oven. Every oven operates differently, and even one minute extra in the oven can be the difference between perfectly golden and burnt.
- Likewise, you may need to adjust your oven temperature a little bit depending on if yours runs a little extra hot.
- Parchment paper! While parchment won’t prevent the cookies from burning, it will protect your baking your baking sheets from mix-ins burning to the baking sheet.
We hope you enjoy these Choc-Oat-Chip Cookies as much as our family does!
- 30 Ideas for Easter Dinner Side Dishes
- Irish Oatmeal Cake Recipe
- White Chocolate Toffee Snickerdoodle Cookies Recipe
- Easiest Healthy Dessert
- Shake Shack Sloppy Joes
- Homemade Pimento Cheese
- How to Microwave a Sweet Potato
- Double Maple Bacon Donuts
- Double Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies
- Greek Yogurt Boston Cream Cheesecake
- Chocolate Chip Banana Zucchini Bread
- 4th of July Red Velvet Monster Cookies
- Cream Cheese Bean Dip
- Pumpkin Crescent Rolls
- Butternut Squash Pie
- Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese