Apple Cider Cajun Turkey Brine
Soaking your turkey in this brine will guarantee a moist flavorful bird perfect for your Thanksgiving feast!
I have been tapping my toe, waiting for November to arrive so that I could share with you this recipe for our favorite way to make an INCREDIBLE Thanksgiving Turkey!!!
We started brining our Turkey a few years ago and never looked back. Have you done it before?? Once you have, you’ll never go back. I promise. I’ve eaten Thanksgiving turkeys all sorts of ways (including deep fried), and I guarantee you that you’ll never eat a turkey as flavorful and as moist as a brined turkey. Period.
Okay, so what’s a brine? And WHY should you brine a Turkey?
Here’s the simplified answer:
A turkey is a pretty non-fatty piece of meat, which means it’s especially susceptible to being dry once cooked. A brine is, in it’s most basic form, a salt water solution for soaking the bird overnight. As it soaks, the bird absorbs the moisture and flavor of the solution– virtually guaranteeing a moist, flavorful turkey!
We’ve always loved Alton Brown’s honey brine recipe, but this year we decided to switch it up and use Apple Cider in place of the water. And I decided to add a rub down post-brine with my favorite cajun seasoning (I like Bojangles seasoning; but if you can’t get your hands on it, just look for a generic cajun seasoning in the spice aisle).
I hope you love this as much as we did!
PS- if you’re looking at the bird in my top picture and thinking… something doesn’t look quite right. Yup. I baked my bird upside down. How embarrassing!! But I promise, I’ve cooked lots of turkeys right side up in my day. I really do kind of know what I’m doing in the kitchen… most of the time 😉
- Bobby Flay's Cajun Brined Turkey Recipe
- Dad's Southern Homemade Chili Recipe
- Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Monster Cookies Recipe
- 30 Ideas for Easter Dinner Side Dishes
- Protein Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
- Chocolate Chunk Shortbread Cookies
- Copycat Shake Shack Sauce
- Dark Chocolate Cherry Smoothie Bowl
- Carne Asada Mac & Cheese
- Simple Lemon Cake
- Ultimate Peanut Butter Popcorn Snack Mix
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Soft Pumpkin Pretzel Bites w/ Cream Cheese Icing
- Healthy Banana Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3-Ingredient No-Churn Hot Chocolate Ice Cream
- 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies