BBQ Chicken Stuffed Crust Pizza
This was hands down my favorite homemade pizza to date. And we make a LOT of homemade pizza in our house, so that’s saying something!
Stuffed crust pizza, you guys. This is the REAL DEAL. The stuff pizza dreams are made of. Cheese on the outside AND the inside!!!
Back when stuffed crust first made an appearance on the pizza scene, did anyone else feel like *MIND BLOWN* ??
Because who would have thought pizza could get any better? You eat it and think there is absolutely no way it can be improved upon. And then you reach the crust, which is where I typically feel a little “meh” about my pizza. I like crust. I’ll eat it. But if I’m on my third slice (no judging, this is a safe space), then let’s get real– Imma toss the crust back on my plate. UNLESS–
Unless I discover more cheese inside the crust! Because that’s a game changer.
Look at alllllllll that cheese! Pizza heaven.
I used my trusty rusty quick dough for the crust. It’s a perfect pizza base! Stuffing the crust is as simple as this:
I rolled the dough about 2 inches beyond the size of my pizza pan. Once I had transferred the dough onto the pan, I placed 8 sticks of string cheese around the circumference. Roll the hangover dough around the cheese sticks, and VOILA! Stuffed crust pizza.
For the Crust
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (think warm bath water)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 8 sticks of string cheese
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp ranch dressing
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
For The Crust
- Sprinkle the yeast and the sugar in the warm water. Let rest for 5 minutes or until foamy.
- Add the warm water mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer along with the remaining dough ingredients (except the cheese sticks).
- Use the dough hook attachment to knead the dough until smooth and elastic (it should be pulling away from the sides of the bowl).
- Roll the dough onto a well floured or nonstick surface into a large circle that extends about 2 inches beyond the pizza pan.
- Transfer the dough to the pizza pan. Place the cheese sticks around the edges of the pan and roll the excess dough over the cheese stick.
- Mix together the BBQ sauce and ranch. Spread over the pizza crust.
- Layer the chicken over the sauce and spread the cheese over top.
- Bake at 400ºF for 20-25 minutes until crust is golden brown the cheese is bubbling. Cut and serve!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 407Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 899mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 26g
- Bobby Flay's Cajun Brined Turkey Recipe
- Dad's Southern Homemade Chili Recipe
- Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Monster Cookies Recipe
- Irish Oatmeal Cake Recipe
- Brown Sugar Garlic Wings Recipe
- Dutch Baby
- Chickpea Coconut Chip Cookies (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- Easy Black Bean Burgers
- Homemade Chocolate Easter Bunny (Hollow)
- Chocolate Protein Pancakes (Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free)
- Carne Asada Mac & Cheese
- Oven Baked Brown Sugar Bacon Jerky
- Carne Asada Fries
- Strawberry Avocado Salad with Chicken
- Butternut Squash Pie
- Apple Cider Cajun Turkey Brine