Extra Crispy Oven Baked French Fries
The crispiness you like from your fried fries without the grease and mess of frying!
A little while ago I posted this crispy oven baked sweet potato recipe. That is a recipe that has been circulating around our family ever since with much frequency for good reason. My wife and I have made homemade french fries ever since we married but have had a hard time ever getting them to the level of crispiness we would like. After making those sweet potato fries though, I figured it would work possibly, even more effectively with normal potatoes. Hence, this recipe.
Its almost identical to the sweet potato fries recipe with a few minor adjustments in order to make them even crispier.
A few keys I have found to be of most importance when trying to get your fries crispy include a coat of corn starch, spreading the fries apart from each other on the baking pan, baking on parchment paper, and after the baking is done, shutting the oven off but leaving the fries in for an additional 20 – 20 minutes with the door cracked open.
I know, I know. These steps might be a little tedious and ridiculous but they actually work! If you want some crispy oven baked fries, I’m telling you how! I went way too long with below par, soggy, oven baked fries because I didn’t believe these ridiculous steps were worth the time….W-R-O-N-G! So worth the time. Won’t ever make them any other way now! Enjoy,
- 3 medium – large russet potatoes
- 3 – 4 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 minced garlic clove
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Cut potatoes into thin, fry-shaped slices, place into large bowl and cover with water and place in fridge anywhere from 30 minutes to overnight
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Drain water from fries and cover all fries in starch shaking off excess starch
- Add all other ingredients in separate bowl, mix well, and pour over fries and toss until all covered
- Place fries onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper not allowing for space between each fry and the next
- Bake fries for 15 minutes, flip and bake for another 15 minutes, turn off oven, and let fries sit in oven with door open for another 30 minutes while oven cools
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 380Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 473mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 4gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
- Easy All Butter No Chill Pie Crust Recipe
- Quaker Oats Apple Crisp Recipe with Old Fashioned Oats
- Easy Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- Monster Cookie Energy Balls
- King’s Hawaiian Rolls Copy Cat Recipe
- Dutch Oven Boston Butt BBQ
- Swiss Burger Bombs
- Strawberry Pie
- Easy Shrimp & Grits
- Texas Slow Cooker Chili (Freezer Meal)
- Dad’s 3-Ingredient Best Football Chip Dip
- The Best Green Bean Casserole