Fluffy English Muffins
Homemade soft and fluffy English muffins perfect for breakfast and brunch.
Did you know English muffins are actually American? Well, sort of. An English man by the name of Samuel Thomas (hint hint, Thomas English Muffins) immigrated to New York in 1874. By 1880 he opened his own New York bakery and began selling his Mother’s version of an English Crumpet, which was flatter, drier, had the fluffy holes on the inside instead of the outside, and split nicely in halves.
The fluffy air pockets on the inside provided “nooks and crannies” to fill with cream cheese, jam, honey butter, etc. Samuel Thomas made these well known in his little bakery which eventually turned into one of the most recognized breakfast brands and foods of all time in “Thomas English Muffins”.
Here’s to Samuel Thomas and what I believe to be one of the most underrated breakfast foods of all time! This homemade recipe lets you channel your inner Samuel Thomas and fill your home with English muffin aroma! Enjoy!
- Bobby Flay's Cajun Brined Turkey Recipe
- Dad's Southern Homemade Chili Recipe
- Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Monster Cookies Recipe
- Gordon Ramsay Perfect Steak Recipe
- Irish Oatmeal Cake Recipe
- White Chocolate Macaroons
- Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal Recipe
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie Bowls
- Chocolate Chunk Shortbread Cookies
- Ultimate Peanut Butter Popcorn Snack Mix
- Cookies & Cream Salted Caramel Ice Cream (No Churn)
- BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad
- Crispy Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Strawberry Avocado Salad with Chicken
- Crockpot Buffalo Honey Ranch Drumsticks
- Paula Deen's Best Bacon