Soft & Fluffy Protein Waffles
These Soft & Fluffy Protein Waffles are a delicious and nutrition-packed way to start the day! Two BIG waffles with 15g of protein and practically melt in your mouth.
These are the BEST protein waffles on the internet!
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
- If you go to Mudhustler’s original recipe, he calls for Kodiak Cakes pancake mix. However, I’m switching that up and using a regular pancake mix instead. That’s the key to making these just as soft and fluffy as regular waffles, and it doesn’t change the nutrition all that drastically. I used Great Value Complete Pancake Mix from Walmart– but any just add water pancake mix should do the trick!
- Just like Mudhustler suggests, I used Quest Salted Caramel Protein Powder. However, I’ve used different brands and flavors in the past, and it worked out just fine. Quest has a vanilla powder that I want to try in this recipe next. But I will say that the Salted Caramel powder makes these waffles smell AMAZING while they are cooking!
- This recipe will make TWO waffles, but it’s just ONE serving. Make sense? Because I’m subbing out the kodiak cakes, there is a lot more leavening in this recipe than in Mudhuster’s original recipe. Which means the batter gets a LOT bigger– which means it overflows if you put it all in the waffle iron at once. So be patient and make two, and then eat them both 🙂
- My waffle maker is similar to this Cuisinart Belgian waffle maker. I don’t know how this recipe will cook up in other types of waffle makers, so you’ll have to experiment a little to find what works if you’re not using something similar to mine.
Here are some more recipes we think you’ll love!
- Butterscotch Texas Pecan Pie Recipe
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Easy Cranberry Sauce | Best Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- Halloween Mac and Cheese Recipe – Pumpkin Shaped
- Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal Recipe
- Fluffy English Muffins
- Chewy Maple Bacon Oatmeal Squares
- 2-Ingredient WW Bagels
- Classic Peach Cobbler
- Paula Deen’s Best Bacon
- Easter Egg Hunt Dark Chocolate Reese’s Ice Cream (No Churn)
- Easy Shrimp & Grits