Crispy Fluffy Pancakes
The perfect pancakes with a crisp, buttery exterior, and a fluffy, light interior
Pancakes, hotcakes, flapjacks, johnnycakes, griddlecakes, etc. etc. etc. No matter what you call them, you can’t go wrong with a pancake. An American breakfast classic that just hits the spot some days. When I’m in my normal routine breakfast is usually an on the fly thing i.e. granola bars, oatmeal, apple, quick bowl of cereal.
However, whenever I have an easy going morning (so Saturdays and some Sundays), you can count on me making a big breakfast for the family. I don’t know why I am this way, but I absolutely love my family waking up (my son wakes up now at same time as me about) to a great big breakfast. I love providing them that great start to the day and my son loves making it with me. With a big breakfast either comes waffles, french toast, or PANCAKES. Our son has particularly been crazy about pancakes recently and we’ve tried quite a few recipes and have experimented. This recipe has turned out to be our favorite thus far. It swells extra high and has a perfectly crispy exterior.
Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
The batter should be THICK! If too thick, add a little milk and stir.
Let bubble a little bit and just look from the side to see if ready to flip (3-5 minutes).
When ready to flip, have your focused helper ready to go!
- Bobby Flay's Cajun Brined Turkey Recipe
- Dad's Southern Homemade Chili Recipe
- Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Monster Cookies Recipe
- Instant Pot Dyed Easter Eggs
- Irish Oatmeal Cake Recipe
- Lemon Syrup Cake Recipe
- High Protein Pudding Recipe
- Cinnamon French Toast with Banana Fosters
- Simple Grilled Asparagus
- One Bowl Sweet Corn Spoon Bread
- Bunny Ear Cupcakes
- Banana Biscoff Baked Donuts
- Simple Lemon Cake
- Soft & Fluffy Protein Waffles
- Grilled Brie & Jam
- Skinny Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Bread