Broccoli & Beef Ramen
This recipe is the bomb.com. I’ve never been a beef and broccoli fan, but one bite of this completely changed my mind. A little sweet, a lot of flavor, and one perfect better-than-takeout family dinner.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 3/4 lb flank steak
- 2 packages beef ramen
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- salt, pepper, green onions, red pepper flakes, sesame seeds to taste
Make The Marinade
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the marinade, and set aside.
- Slice the steak into thin strips and place inside a gallon sized zip top bag. Pour the marinade inside and seal. Chill for 6-8 hours.
Make the Meal
- Cook the ramen noodles to al dente, reserving the beef seasoning packets. Drain the noodles in cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- Cut the broccoli to bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil on medium-high heat. While oil is heating: remove the steak from the marinade, draining the excess liquid from the bag. Dredge the pieces of steak in the cornstarch (adding more if needed).
- Once the oil is heated, place a single layer of the coated steak (about 1/2 of the prepared steak pieces) in the oil and let cook for about 3 minutes without moving. Flip each piece and allow to cook for another minute or so. If some pink still remains, it’s ok as the steak will eventually be going back into the hot skillet after it’s removed and will cook further.
- Remove the cooked steak pieces and place on a plate lined with a paper towel. Repeat cooking with the remaining 1 tbsp oil and coated steak. Remove the steak to the plate.
- Immediately add the garlic powder, soy sauce, sesame soil, brown sugar, ginger, water, fish sauce, and one packet of beef seasoning (from the ramen) to the same skillet. Whisk together and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes until it has reduced by about 1/3.
- Bring mixture to a boil and add the broccoli in an even layer. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the ramen and meat, and toss until everything is coated in the sauce.
- Top with green onions, red pepper flakes, and sesame seeds if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1172Total Fat: 58gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 39gCholesterol: 180mgSodium: 3964mgCarbohydrates: 112gFiber: 11gSugar: 37gProtein: 56g
- Homemade Nutter Butters Recipe
- Muddy Buddy Crumbl Cookies Copycat Recipe (Dairy Free)
- Easy All Butter No Chill Pie Crust Recipe
- Peanut Butter Swiss Meringue Buttercream Frosting
- Stuffed Ham Cheese and Broccoli Bread
- Salted Caramel Buttercream
- Cookies & Cream Salted Caramel Ice Cream (No Churn)
- Crockpot Buffalo Honey Ranch Drumsticks
- Amish Chicken and Noodles
- Buffalo Blue Cheese Chicken Rangoons
- Peanut Butter Brownie Mug