Brie Grilled Cheese with Bacon & Strawberry Jam
Brie Grilled Cheese with Bacon & Strawberry Jam
Get ready for an epic grilled cheese upgrade: creamy brie, crispy bacon, and sweet strawberry jam all loaded on a warm, buttered bun. This isn’t your regular hot sandwich; it’s an unbelievably delicious combination of flavors and textures that you need to experience ASAP!
Keaton’s original recipe for this sandwich did not include bacon. But it’s a flavorful addition that I highly recommend! Thinly shaved ham would also be delicious and reminiscent of a Monte Cristo sandwich.
Be sure to take a picture and tag us on instagram @keats_eats if you try this recipe. We’d love to see how you make it your own!
Table of Contents
Ingredients for Brie Grilled Cheese
Get ready for a flavor-packed sandwich that’s as simple to make as it is scrumptious. With a combination of creamy brie, crispy bacon, and sweet strawberry jam, this delicious recipe is sure to become a lunchtime favorite. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Butter: Butter is crucial for achieving that golden, crispy exterior on your hoagie rolls. Spread a thin layer of butter on the outside of the rolls before grilling for a delicious, buttery crunch.
- Hoagie Rolls: The rolls serve as the base for your sandwich. Choose fresh hoagie rolls to provide a sturdy and delicious foundation that holds all the ingredients together.
- Brie Cheese: Brie adds a creamy and luxurious texture to the sandwich. Be sure to slice the brie thinly to ensure even melting. The richness of brie complements the sweetness of the strawberry jam and the saltiness of the bacon.
- Strawberry Jam: Strawberry jam brings a delightful fruity sweetness that balances the savory flavors of the bacon and brie. Spread the jam evenly on the interior of the hoagie rolls to infuse every bite with its deliciousness.
- Bacon: Crispy bacon provides a smoky, salty contrast to the creamy brie and sweet strawberry jam. Cook the bacon until it’s perfectly crispy and crumble or lay it flat on the sandwich for a satisfying crunch.
- Preheat the skillet or griddle before adding the sandwich to ensure that the bread gets golden and toasty.
- Layer the ingredients in this order: Start with brie on the bottom (it will melt more evenly), then add bacon and top it with a dollop of strawberry jam. This is the best way to keep the fillings from falling out.
- Keep a watchful eye while grilling, and flip the sandwich carefully to prevent any ingredients from falling out.
- Serve immediately while the sandwich is warm and the brie is gooey for the best taste experience.
- We highly recommend using an electric griddle. It’s great for even cooking and making multiple sandwiches at once.
Brie Cheese FAQs
If you’re new to brie cheese, you’re not alone! We understand that trying new ingredients can be a bit intimidating. Here are a few frequently asked questions answered, which should make you feel more at ease when using this delicious and versatile cheese.
What is Brie Cheese?
Brie cheese is a soft and creamy French cheese known for its pale, edible rind and smooth, velvety interior. It’s made from cow’s milk and has a mild, slightly tangy flavor, making it a popular choice for both snacking and gourmet dishes.
Is the Rind of Brie Cheese Edible? Do I need to cut it off?
No, you don’t have to cut the rind off brie cheese. The rind is edible and is often enjoyed along with the creamy interior. However, personal preference varies, and some people choose to remove the rind before eating. If you like the earthy flavor and unique texture of the rind, feel free to keep it. If not, you can easily cut it away before serving.
Personally, we leave the rind on when we make baked brie. Or when we used the rind as a bowl for this Baked Brie Spaghetti. But we did choose to trim it off for this particular Brie Grilled Cheese sandwich. It’s really up to you!
What does Brie Cheese Taste Like?
Brie cheese has a mild and creamy flavor with a hint of tanginess. The taste is often described as buttery and rich, with a subtle earthiness that becomes more pronounced as the cheese matures. The texture is soft and smooth, especially near the center, making it a delicious addition to a variety of dishes both sweet and savory.
Can I use any type of jam for this recipe?
Absolutely! Even though this calls for strawberry jam, feel free to get creative. You can experiment with other berry jams, fig preserves, or even apricot for a unique flavor profile that suits your taste. One of our favorite alternatives is blackberry. Apple butter is really great too!
What sides go well with Brie Grilled Cheese with Bacon & Jam?
A simple mixed greens salad, sweet potato fries, or a warm bowl of tomato soup are excellent choices to complement the flavors and turn this sandwich into a complete and satisfying meal. You could also keep things simple and just grab a handful of crisp grapes– a perfect compliment to the sweetness of the sandwich. Yum!
How can I make sure the brie melts evenly in the sandwich?
Thinly slicing the brie helps it melt more evenly. Make sure the sandwich is cooked over medium heat to give the brie time to melt without burning the bread. Removing the rind is also helpful in being able to thoroughly melt the cheese evenly on the sandwich.
Feel free to mix and match these variations to create your own unique and delicious Brie Grilled Cheese experience!
- Apple and Brie Grilled Cheese: Layer thinly sliced apples along with brie cheese for a sweet and tangy twist that pairs perfectly with the creamy brie.
- Cranberry and Brie Grilled Cheese: Spread cranberry sauce on the interior of the sandwich along with brie, creating a festive combination of flavors that’s perfect for the holidays.
- Pear and Brie Grilled Cheese: Thinly sliced ripe pears add a delicate sweetness that complements the creamy brie, creating a gourmet grilled cheese experience.
- Balsamic Glaze and Brie Grilled Cheese: Drizzle a touch of balsamic glaze on the inside of the sandwich before grilling for a hint of tanginess that balances the richness of the brie.
- Fig and Brie Grilled Cheese: Spread fig preserves on the bread, and then layer on the brie. The result is a delectable combination of sweet and savory flavors that’s sure to impress.
- Caramelized Onion and Brie Grilled Cheese: Add caramelized onions for a deep, savory-sweet flavor that pairs beautifully with the creamy brie.
- Prosciutto and Brie Grilled Cheese: Along with the brie, layer some slices of prosciutto for an extra savory and slightly salty element that takes this sandwich to the next level.
- Jalapeno and Brie Grilled Cheese: For those who enjoy a bit of heat, thinly slice some jalapenos and add them to the sandwich with the brie for a delightful kick.
- Sun-Dried Tomato and Brie Grilled Cheese: Sun-dried tomatoes bring a burst of intense flavor that complements the creamy brie perfectly.
- Turkey Bacon Avocado and Brie Grilled Cheese: Layer thinly sliced turkey and bacon on top of the brie cheese. And the add slices of ripe avocado for a creamy and slightly nutty flavor that pairs wonderfully with the brie. So good!
How to Make Brie Grilled Cheese with Bacon & Strawberry Jam
- 4 slices of hearty bread (such as sourdough or country-style)
- approximately 2 ounces brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 8 slices of cooked crispy bacon
- 4 tablespoons strawberry jam (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter (for spreading on the bread)
Prepare the Ingredients
Start by cooking the bacon until it's crispy, then set it aside. Thinly slice the brie cheese and set it aside as well.
Assemble the Sandwiches:
- Lay out the 4 slices of bread.
- On one side of each slice, spread about 1/2 tablespoon of strawberry jam.
- Layer 2-3 slices of brie cheese on top of the jam on each slice.
- Place 2 slices of crispy bacon on each of two slices of bread (these will be the interior slices of the sandwiches).
Form the Sandwiches:
Take the slices with bacon and place them on top of the slices with brie and jam, creating two sandwiches with the brie, bacon, and jam in the middle.
Grill the Sandwiches:
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Spread a thin layer of butter on the outside of each sandwich, on both sides.
- Place the sandwiches on the skillet or griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the bread is golden brown and the brie is melted.
Serve and Enjoy:
- Once the sandwiches are nicely grilled and the brie is melted, remove them from the heat.
- Let them cool for a minute, then slice them in half and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 500Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 684mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 2gSugar: 23gProtein: 14g
Indulge in the ultimate comfort food experience with our gourmet Brie Grilled Cheese with Bacon and Strawberry Jam sandwich. This mouthwatering creation combines the creaminess of artisan Brie cheese with the irresistible crunch of crispy bacon, all perfectly nestled between slices of hearty bread. The twist? A delightful layer of sweet and tangy strawberry jam, adding a fruit-infused essence to the classic grilled cheese.
This recipe takes the traditional grilled cheese to new heights, combining the richness of Brie cheese, the savory appeal of bacon, and the sweet surprise of strawberry jam. It’s a quick lunch idea that elevates the ordinary to the extraordinary, perfect for those who appreciate creative sandwich combinations and are looking for a delectable twist on the familiar.
Serve it as a gourmet comfort food option or even as a breakfast sandwich. The pairing of Brie cheese with jam creates a delectable balance of sweet and savory, and the melting Brie cheese adds a luxurious touch to every bite. Whether you’re a fan of artisan cheeses or simply looking for a quick, flavorful meal, our Brie Grilled Cheese with Bacon and Strawberry Jam is a must-try recipe that brings a creative twist to the beloved classic.
- 30 Red Velvet Recipes
- The Best Fudgy Gluten Free Dairy Free Brownie Recipe
- Andes Creme de Menthe Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- How to Make Sticky BBQ Wings in the Oven (With Recipe)
- Applesauce Cake Recipe
- Protein Muddy Buddies Recipe
- Churro Cake Recipe
- Oreo Italian Macarons
- Monster Cookie Energy Balls
- 45 Really Really Good Football Party Foods
- French Coconut Pie
- Honey Buttermilk Cornbread