Delicious strawberry pie with a completely homemade filling.
A few things to note about this recipe:
- I chose to strain the seeds from the strawberry filling. Honestly, it was a gigantic pain and I’m not sure that it really mattered all that much in the end since the whole strawberries still have their seeds. Do what you will with that information. As for me, I don’t think I’ll strain out the seeds next time!
- Something else I think I’ll do differently next time: slicing the strawberries. I thought it would be so pretty to have these beautiful, whole pieces of strawberries in this pie. And it is! But it also would have been easier to eat if I had sliced the strawberries instead.
- This buttermilk pastry crust is so yummy with this pie filling. But feel free to use a refrigerated pie crust from the store if you need to take a shortcut!
What’s my favorite thing about this recipe?
- 30 Red Velvet Recipes
- The Best Fudgy Gluten Free Dairy Free Brownie Recipe
- Andes Creme de Menthe Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- Easy Halloween Popcorn Snack Mix Recipe with Candy Corn
- Applesauce Cake Recipe
- Authentic Italian Lasagna Recipe
- Ritz Chicken Casserole
- Pistachio Italian Macarons
- Thick and Chewy Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cadbury Cream Egg Brownies with Chocolate Ganache
- Red Velvet Hostess Cupcakes
- Honey Buttermilk Cornbread