Homemade Crispy Breakfast Hashbrowns
These easy, crispy, homemade hash browns are made within a few quick minutes and give you the same flavor and crispiness as a breakfast diner’s hash browns.
My wife loves hash browns. It is her favorite breakfast side, so I have spent some quality time trying to figure out the best way to make them. Many of my trial runs did not turn out as crispy or tasty as hoped for. However, with some persistence, I finally found a method that produced hash browns as savory and crispy as my wife’s favorites from diners and similar restaurants. Hope you enjoy these as much and as often as we do!
Hash Brown Crisps
- 2 – 4 whole potatoes
- Vegetable oil (or whatever type cooking/frying oil you prefer)
- Rinse and wash potatoes under warm water.
- Use cheese grater to shred potatoes into small crisp sized slices.
- Place potato crisps on a layer of 4-6 paper towels or napkins and squeeze liquid out of potato crisps.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Pour just enough oil on skillet to cover whole skillet.
- Spread potato crisps in a thin layer over skillet and salt.
- Once first side has browned, flip over potatoes, salt again, and remove once the second side has browned.
- Better Than Starbucks Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Protein Chocolate Donuts Recipe
- Mom’s Choc-Oat-Chip Cookies Recipe
- Broccoli Salad Recipe
- Gordon Ramsay’s Perfect Poached Egg
- 2-Ingredient WW Bagels
- Grilled Brie & Jam
- Crispy Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- French Coconut Pie
- Easy Oven-Baked Kansas City Style Ribs
- Skinny Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies