Homemade Crispy Breakfast Hashbrowns
These easy, crispy, homemade hash browns are made within a few quick minutes and give you the same flavor and crispiness as a breakfast diner’s hash browns.
My wife loves hash browns. It is her favorite breakfast side, so I have spent some quality time trying to figure out the best way to make them. Many of my trial runs did not turn out as crispy or tasty as hoped for. However, with some persistence, I finally found a method that produced hash browns as savory and crispy as my wife’s favorites from diners and similar restaurants. Hope you enjoy these as much and as often as we do!
Hash Brown Crisps
- 2 – 4 whole potatoes
- Vegetable oil (or whatever type cooking/frying oil you prefer)
- Rinse and wash potatoes under warm water.
- Use cheese grater to shred potatoes into small crisp sized slices.
- Place potato crisps on a layer of 4-6 paper towels or napkins and squeeze liquid out of potato crisps.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Pour just enough oil on skillet to cover whole skillet.
- Spread potato crisps in a thin layer over skillet and salt.
- Once first side has browned, flip over potatoes, salt again, and remove once the second side has browned.
- Bobby Flay's Cajun Brined Turkey Recipe
- Dad's Southern Homemade Chili Recipe
- Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Monster Cookies Recipe
- Irish Oatmeal Cake Recipe
- White Chocolate Macaroons
- Burrito Bowl Salad
- Healthy Chickpea Cookies
- Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Copycat Recipe
- Broccoli & Beef Ramen
- Crock Pot Carne Asada Tacos
- Caramel M&M Pretzel Cookies
- Baked Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Biscuits and Gravy Bubble Bake
- Easy BBQ Chicken Sliders
- Flat French Bread
- Southern Hot Crackers Recipe